Xograph green policies and the environment
Xograph Healthcare operates policies to reduce, as far as reasonably possible, the environmental impact of its business activities. Practical impacts of these policies include capping of the emission levels of company cars and active steps to reduce waste going to land fill. Any replaced parts that are deemed scrap are either recycled or are processed through an approved authorised treatment facility (AATF). Packaging is reused where possible or is recycled.
ENVIRONMENTAL & SUSTAINABILITY POLICY STATEMENT
Xograph Healthcare senior management set out the responsibility for environmental and sustainability performance and develops and maintains an adequate system of management, measurement and improvements. To achieve the purposes of this policy, Xograph Healthcare seeks to adhere to the following code of conduct:
- Xograph Healthcare will maintain health and safety, and environmental standards that meet or exceed those established by all relevant laws, regulations and other applicable requirements. Business is conducted with due regard to the environment, its habitats and biodiversity. The business operations are regularly assessed for compliance with policy, performance and achievement of targets
- employees are encouraged to work in an environmentally responsible manner. Systems are in place to encourage economical driving practices for all company vehicle drivers
- environmental and sustainability considerations are taken into account in all major business decisions
- Xograph will provide to customers appropriate information and training to ensure the safe handling, use and disposal of its products, as well as responding to customer questions, concerns and suggestions regarding health, safety and environmental impacts. Health, safety and environmental information pertaining to Xograph’s business will be evaluated and updated on a regular basis
- promote responsibility for the environment within the company and communicate and implement this policy at all levels within the workforce
- reduce the use of energy, water and other resources; minimise waste by reduction, re-use and recycling methods; ensure that our policies and services are developed in a way that is complimentary to this policy;
- to not prioritise funding needs ahead of sustainability requirements
- encourage all suppliers to commit to the sustainable development philosophy
- identify and provide appropriate training, advice and information for staff and encourage them to develop new ideas and initiatives; provide appropriate resources to meet the commitments of this policy.
Xograph Healthcare is registered in the UK with the Environment Agency under the WEEE Regulations 2014 and with the provisions of Article 19 of the European Union (Batteries and Accumulators) Regulations 2014. Our UK registration Nº is WEE/AG0050TZ.
In Ireland the Company is registered with The Producers Register under the WEEE Regulations 2014 and with the provisions of Article 19 of the European Union (Batteries and Accumulators) Regulations 2014.. Our Ireland reg. No. is IE/01432WB.
INDUSTRIAL BATTERIES STATEMENT
As a producer of industrial batteries under the Waste Batteries and Accumulators Regulations 2009, Xograph Healthcare produces valve-regulated lead-acid (Gel) batteries. Xograph Healthcare is therefore obliged to take back free of charge, waste industrial batteries supplied to an end user for treatment and recycling, and is required to do this in any calendar year we place new industrial batteries on the market. If any of our customers, or in certain cases other end users, require us to take back Industrial batteries, they should contact us at the address found on our Contact Us page. Xograph Healthcare will agree the necessary arrangements for the return, proper treatment and recycling of the waste industrial batteries.